Thursday, September 17, 2009

This is from about 1990, post-mission, pre-marriage

Why We need to study:

Greek and Roman Civilizations
-to understand our own civilization better
-why we need to know what they did for us-to see problems and answers to them
-they, like us, were people with the same problems

How does it really help me to live a better life, be a better person by studying history? literature?

Finding answers to questions I have and finding questions about things I've never though of before.

Still, I shrink inside from shock at this other life. I long for someone to pick at me and pull me apart inside. I need to talk with someone--I need prayer. I need the strength to pray. My mind wearies quickly. I long to dig my hands into the soil, sweat after a days work, get paint on my clothes from working. I also long for companionship. How's Sue Silva? I must make myself write. I feel so unorganized, like everything has fallen apart. Why can't I get my desk? I'm angered, but I understand and can be patient.

Today I ate lunch with Rick (I think that was his name.)

Goals:

learn to learn with a good attitude

No comments:

Post a Comment