Saturday, September 19, 2009

2-5-85

I'm so distressed today. I guess it is because yesterday I got in an accident. It didn't affect me right away, but when I drive I think about it. I also wish Mom and Dad were home [they were in Hawaii]. Ho well, so many...problems-things going on!!!

2-8-85

Art was fun last night. We worked with acrylics-light and dark values-also color tint and shade. I really enjoy paint! Such fun. Time...through space and time--it takes so long--time slides by quickly...

Today I am going out to lunch with Dan Riley-and to find his tux. I was going to go with Scott after school, but he has to work. So will go tomorrow. Today I can finish Anna and my roadshow costumes after school. Also water, plant, clean bathrooms, and vacuum my room and my parent's room.

I really enjoy English classes. especially Writing and Humanities. I learned so much last year in Humanities. It was a good class. I like the sections on music and art. A.P.

I know how Mom and Dad feel now, about the responsibility of children and a house and work and food-meals. I've had quite a time! hardly time to breathe. Every spare moment I spend cleaning the house. I've been late three times this week - the other day I didn't go to first period at all.

I think "in my spare time" I should read those "Out of the Best Books" so that I can do well in the A.P. exam. I'm not sure if we're getting enough experience in here.

Dance, art, English, teaching. War and Peace, physiology, cleaning. Schedule is quite full! But I do enjoy it. I am ready for a break. I'm not even home any night of the week. At least I've had some time to read.

I want to spend more time at art. I enjoy it so much, and I think I could do very well. I need practice in speaking. I have a talk in Youth Ward Conference on Sunday about "Making Time for a Better Me."

I have to really push myself to be able to like other guys now. It is a pain. I wish I could drop S. within me. I wish I could like Dan or someone.

2-10-85 I spoke in the youth section of ward conference. I felt like I did a pretty good job. Better than I thought I was going to do. Then the Bishop asked tracy to bare her testimony of the gospel during Ward conf. I was very happy-I felt good toward Lauren too. He was good. All is well. Then we picked up Mom and Dad and Raymond and Louwanna from the airport.

2-11 = Saturday night after roadshow Dan Reilly came over and we watched "Mame", until 2am, then he stayed until 2:30am. I am so tired now. Anyway-hmmmm? I know not how I feel.

Katy called Sat. morning--Kathleen Kenney is engaged to Fred. May 31st they're getting married. I'm excited about going to Hawaii.


Making Time to Make a Better Me, Ward Conference March 10

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in Heaven and I, Jesus Christ are perfect." Matt. 5:48

At this time in our lives we need to prepare ourselves for the rest of our lives.

Youth - time of preparation
Strengthening of testimony and knowledge
Talents - parable of the talents
Make time - read, discover talents, work to improve yourselves, practice
-set goals - "Do it"
Practice in your family
Discover
Plan - set priorities, decide which things in your schedule have to be done - those which can wait.
-Prayer, scriptures, journal - do regardless
-School- try to learn all you can - free education -
always work to learn, if you are to become - Godlike -
Plan, carry out
Sundays - catch up on scriptures, journal, family caring
-Prayer - for strength, gratefulness, to get out of despair, etc.
CALENDAR is essential
-journal - is extremely important - helpful


Life is good! I had a wonderful feeling last night on the way to the airport! I felt so happy. : >

Well, I'm pretty psyched! I just got accepted to BYU, plus the Honors program. I think it will be fun.

If I sign up for all honors courses, I just might be overloaded. I'll have to ask around - etc.

I'm still not sure exactly what I want to do - -But I know I want to do something great that will help others see the truth. Whatever that could be in. Whether writing, art, dance or drama - I would like to try them all.

If I could learn to convey the feelings I have about life on paper, I would title the book- Beyond. (at least that's what I was thinking today) BEYOND- it has a nice ring to it. So dreamy and unknown, spiritual rather than temporal. I feel like I'm just beginning to understand life. No one person really has all the answers, but I have to say that as a Mormon I am offered more of the truth than most scholars have. Life is really quite simple after you see the whole picture man has his place and his purpose - God is the creator and Father, but there still lies the unanswered questions in large numbers. Fortunately for us the subjects and answers we need to know are given to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment