Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sage Draper, circa 1977

The Flying Motorcycle

I am a girl. I own a motorcycle. One morning I decided to take a ride on my motorcycle, Zoomie. When I opened the garage to get Zoomie, a flock of pigeons flew out. I thought they must have flown in the day before when I had left the garage door open.

When I got on Zoomie, I noticed a large, purple button. What a minute, that's not right, is it! Let me look again. I was right. It was a large, purple button. I decided to see what it did.

"Do be careful, it might hurt me," said Zoomie, my motorcycle.

"Okay, I will," I said.

I decided I would start the motor and then press the button.

Then I started the motor. Rrrrmmm rrrmmm. I pressed the button!!

All of a sudden a flapping, white, wing sprouted on Zoomie's left side and then the right, and a tail. The next thing I knew we were in the air. I was so surprised I almost fell off Zoomie.

"Zoomie, are you okay?" I asked.

"Just a little shaken. How are you?" Zoomie replied.

"The same." I muttered.

"Where do you want to go?" He asked, "I feel so great up in the air. I've always wanted to fly."

"You mean you like to fly? I thought you were scared half to death, like me." I said.

"Well, I'm not. Do you want me to stay like this forever?" Zoomie asked.

"Okay, that would be great!" I said, and hugged him for his thoughtfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment